Terms & Conditions
1. Age Limit
Participants must be aged 16 or above as of 2023 (Year of Birth)
2. Acceptance of Entries (Priority Entry)
Applicants who achieved the specific time standards in any recognised races (Half Marathon or 10km) organised or sanctioned by the Organiser or World Athletics (WA) or Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS) between 17 February 2019 and 30 June 2023, are eligible to submit their personal results (Net Time) within the qualifying result submission period.
|Age Category||Men (Net Time)||Women (Net Time)|
|Aged 70 or above||52:00||1:04:00|
Half marathon races:
|Age Category||Men (Net Time)||Women (Net Time)|
|Aged 70 or above||1:59:00||2:29:00|
Races recognised by the Organiser:
|Race Organiser/ Sanctioning Body||Race|
|World Athletics (WA)||Platinum/ Gold/ Silver/ Bronze/ Elite Label Races|
|Association of International Marathons and Distance Races
|Hong Kong, China Association of Athletics Affiliates Limited
|Hong Kong Disneyland
(sanctioned by HKAAA)
|Hong Kong Disneyland 10K Weekend 2019 & 2023|
|Hong Kong Marathon Pro
(sanctioned by HKAAA)
|RMAC Shatin 10K Classic Riverside Race 2019 & 2023|
- An applicant must submit proof confirming the qualification of the above to the Organiser at the time when s/he submits his/her application. The entry will only be confirmed after relevant proofs have been verified by the Organiser. In case qualified applicants wish to enter a non-challenge race, they should apply for such a race by way of the Public Ballot.
- If the number of entries for Priority Entry exceeds the quota after the deadline of the application period, organiser will determine the acceptance list by ranking the registrants according to the application ratio of gender and their submitted results, registrants with better results will be accepted.
- An applicant failing to provide qualifying results at the time of application will be deemed to have withdrawn his/her application and such application will no longer be processed. The Organiser reserves the right to verify the submitted proof, disqualify, and take disciplinary action against any applicant who submits false, untrue or invalid information.
- The verification results will be notified by emails to all applicants from 2pm on 11 August 2023, Friday.
- An unsuccessful applicant can consider submitting another entry during the registration period for the Public Ballot to participate in the Non-Challenge Race.
- The Organiser also reserves the right to contact and interview any applicant by phone or through other means in order to obtain additional information required to substantiate his/her application.
3. Acceptance of Entries (Public Ballot)
- Public Entry (except Priority Entry) will be determined by way of balloting.
- Results of the balloting will be available at 2pm on 25 August 2023, Friday. Notification email will be sent to applicants by e-mail. Applicants may also log in onto their registration page to check their entry status thereafter.
- No enquirers, whether by phone, e-mail or in writing, of entry status will be entertained before the announcement of the balloting results.
- An applicant must ensure that his/her designated email is correct, valid, can receive notification from the Organiser and will continue to be in use. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for an applicant’s failure to receive email notifications by providing an invalid or incorrect email address.
- Assignment to a race category and start time in which a participant shall compete shall be made by the Organiser at its sole discretion. No requests for a change of race distance, race category or start time will be entertained by the Organiser.
- The Organiser reserves the right to take disciplinary action and disqualify any participant who fails to start in his/her designated race distance, race category or start time.
4. Security Arrangement
- When registering, participants must fill in the personal particulars consistent with the identification documents (HKID Card or passport). Relevant personal information may transfer to the relevant Department of Government of the HKSAR for the use of application of Closed Area Permit and security checking.
- Participants should present their identification documents to the officials to check and confirm the personal particulars printed on the number bib and identification documents are the same during Runner’s Pack Collection.
- If any discrepancies are found between the identification documents and the personal particulars printed on the number bib, or the participants present the identification documents or number bibs belong to others on the race day, the organizer will forbid the participants to start or participate in any part of the race and/ or enter any part of the race venue.
- Participants must bring the original of ID card or passport with the same information as at registration and number bib (with the timing chips) on Race Day. If participant cannot present any of the above items, s/he will not be allowed to participate in the competition.
- Participants must arrive the designated assembly point 70 minutes before the start time of each group. Latecomer will not be able to participate the race and will be disqualified, and no entry fee will be refunded.
|Category||Start Time||Assembly Entrance Cut-off Time|
- Participants must join the race according to the designed race category and start time. Otherwise, s/he will not be allowed to participate in the race and relevant results will be disqualified, and no result certificate and finisher medal will be awarded.
- Entries, number bibs and timing chips are non-transferable. Upon discovery of such irregularities, participants concerned will be disqualified. The Organiser reserves the right to forbid and prohibit such person from participating in future races, competitions and events organized by the Organiser.
- Participants must wear number bibs until race completed and returned to the assembly venue. Any participant who is found removing his/ her number bib without valid reasons or not under the directions of the officials, the Organiser will disqualify his or her entries or relevant results.
- Instructions given by the Organiser and race officials must be followed with respect to all matters not provided herein. The Organiser reserve the right to reject the concerned participants to participate in the competition.
5. Entry Fee
Local Participants: HKD 550; Non-Local Participants: USD 85/ CNY 610
- Local Participant – A holder of a valid Hong Kong Identity Card and registers using the Hong Kong Identity Card.
- Non-Local Participant – Any person who does not qualify as a Local Participant
It is the sole responsibility of an applicant to ensure that payment of the entry fee is made through the official payment channel designated by the Organiser before the payment deadline. No reminder for payment will be made to any applicant. No request for extension of time for payment or change of payment method will be entertained. Applicants who fail to pay the entry fee before the payment deadline will be deemed to have withdrawn the applications and such applications will no longer be processed. Save as provided below, entry fee, once submitted, is non-reversible and non-refundable. No application shall be considered as completed until the appropriate entry fee has been received by the Organiser.
An applicant can only withdraw and request for refund due to medical reasons. Such request for refund must be made in writing (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 18 November 2023 to Race Registration and Runners’ Communication Office, along with relevant medical documents issued by a medical practitioner (registered with The Medical Council of Hong Kong or Overseas Governmental medical authorities). An administration charge of HK$100 will be deducted from each refund, and the remaining entry fee will be refunded to the Applicant in cheque and to be sent by post one month after the Event.
6. Duplicate Entries
All applicants can only submit one application for the races to be held on the same day unless s/he is an unsuccessful applicant for the Priority Entry in which case, s/he can submit one further application for the Public Ballot. In case of violations, duplicate applications or registrations will be rejected or cancelled by the Organiser without prior notice. No entry fee will be refunded and redemption of the runner’s pack will not be entertained.
7. Terms & Conditions and Official Rules
Upon submitting his/her application and payment of the entry fee, an applicant declares that he/she agrees to and accepts these Terms & Conditions, the Official Competition and House Rules and all other rules and regulations which may be adopted by the Organiser from time to time.
8. Physical Conditions
- Participants should be aware of and understand the risks involved in taking part in the Event and acknowledge the degree of fitness required to take part therein.
- Any person who is pregnant or suffering from any chronic disease such as heart disease or high blood pressure should not participate in the Event. The Organiser reserves the right to disallow/disqualify any person who is known to have the above condition. The Organiser, at its sole discretion, also has the right to suspend any participant who appears or is suspected to be physically unfit to participate in the Event.
- All participants are urged to seek medical advice of their physical condition before participating in the Event. By submitting his/her registration to take part in the Event, and subsequently taking part in the Event, a participant
(a) warrants and confirms to the Organiser that he/she is physically fit to participate in and complete his/her race without any medical or other assistance; and
(b) agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Organiser from
– any injury or death suffered by the participant himself/herself or any other persons; and
-any damage to property as a result of him/her not being physically fit to participate in and complete the race.
9. Runner’s Pack Collection
- Participants should collect their Runner’s Pack according to the specified date and time. Should any participants fail to do so, the Organiser reserves the right to revoke participants’ right to collect the Runner’s Pack (including race bib) without prior notice.
- Participants must provide the identity document (as same as used for registration) to official for checking the personal information. Should any participants fail to present the relevant identity documents, the Organiser will revoke participants’ right to collect the Runner’s Pack (including race bib).
10. Route Alteration
The Organiser reserves the right to change or alter any parts of the running route before and during the race without prior notice in the event of unexpected weather conditions, road conditions or emergency. A race may be temporarily suspended for emergency or any other incidents during the race. In the event of emergency or any incident, participants must follow the instructions of race officials or any law enforcement officers on site. Shall there are any change or alter any parts of the running routes is being exercised, all entry fees are non-reversible and non-refundable.
11. Instructions Given by Race Officials
Instructions given by the Organiser and race officials must be followed with respect to all matters not provided herein. The Organiser reserves the right to reject applications of a participant who has refused to follow instructions of the race officials for all future races organised by the Organiser (including but not limited to the Bank of China (Hong Kong) Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge (HK Section) Half Marathons).
12. General Rules
- Participation in the Event is personal to the applicant and all applicants are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling, auctioning, transferring or offering to swap, sell, auction or transfer their successful entry or their place in the Event or allow or permit any other person to wear their bib number allocated to them. Any breach of this rule shall render the entry void and both the guilty applicant and the substituted participant shall be subject to disciplinary action by the Organiser including exclusion from participation in future races organised by the Organiser.
- Race officials reserve the right to ask a participant to leave the race course immediately, in case he/she is found using any external auxiliary equipment during the race, except for prosthetic limb(s).
Official Times and Net Times will be provided to participants who have completed in the designated races within the specified time limit with valid race number bibs. Split Times may be provided and if so, they are for reference only.
The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any person from and nullify his/her result of the Event and further to forbid and prohibit such person from participating in future races, competitions and events organized by the Organiser including but not limited to future Bank of China (Hong Kong) Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge (HK Section) Half Marathons if a participant is found to have violated, breached or failed to perform any Laws or Regulations of HKSAR, World Athletics (WA) Competition Rules or the Official Competition and House Rules set for the Event. The Organiser shall not be obliged to refund any entry fee under any of such circumstances.
15. Awards, Finisher Medal and Certificates
- Only participants of the Priority race will be entitled to compete for awards. Official Times will be used to determine the positions of each race.
- Finisher Medal and Certificates of Achievement will be issued to participants with Official Times in all races and categories.
- Participants failing to start the race in the designated start time, in the assigned race category, or failing to complete the race (including participants boarding the Official Bus), shall not be entitled to any awards, certificates or finisher medals.
16. Event Cancellation
Should the Event be cancelled due to weather or other circumstances beyond the control of the Organiser or in the case of a Force Majeure resulting in the Event being cancelled within 14 days before the scheduled date of the Event i.e. 6 November 2023, Monday, no refund will be made, otherwise, a refund of 50% of the entry fee paid by an applicant will be made. The Organiser shall have no other responsibilities and/or liabilities in relation to cancellation of the Event.
Includes and is not limited to the Organiser being unable to perform its obligations or organise or hold the Event due to fire, flood, earthquake, or other severe natural disaster or act of God; or due to protest, riot, civil disobedience, uprising, march, revolt, assembly, demonstration, occupation, commotion, mass gathering, war, insurrection, sabotage, pandemic, epidemic, or terrorist attack or the likelihood of such event or act. A reduction of the approved quota by the HKSAR Government or any imposition of measures by the HKSAR Government which are more stringent than those already approved by the HKSAR Government shall be deemed to be a Force Majeure.
The Event will be cancelled if tropical cyclone warning signal no.3 or above, or a red or black rainstorm signal is hoisted by the Hong Kong Observatory at 3:00 am or thereafter on the race day (i.e. 19 November 2023, Sunday). Please pay special attention to the weather forecast the night before the Event as it will indicate whether tropical cyclone warning signals, red or black rainstorm signals are likely to be hoisted in the forthcoming period. Please follow updates on the radio or TV announcements regarding the status of the Event from 3:00 am onwards on the Event day.
Terms and Conditions are in Chinese and English. In the case of discrepancies between the Chinese and English versions, the English version shall prevail. The Organiser reserves the right to interpret and amend the Terms and Conditions and the Official Competition and House Rules and other rules and regulations as it sees fit from time to time.